We are always looking to fill positions, although we have no immediate openings, feel free to send your resume, position seeking (brewing, bartending, cook) and hours desired/available to:
We are looking for an ambitious Prep Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
A great prep cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as pre-portioning sandwich ingredients
- Prepare various sauces to be used for sandwiches
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Perform sandwich maker duties if needed
- Proven experience as prep cook OR current enrollment in a culinary program
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset, but not necessary.
- A summit County Level 1 food safety certificate is desired. If you don’t have one, we will send you to the short, half-day course.
This will be a part time position varying from 10-30 hours a week with the ability to go full time if desired. Pay rate based on experience. Please send all inquiries and qualified resumes with availability to email@example.com